Tuesday 24 November 2015

Portraiture Image bank

This is one of my favourite images which I found and hope to capture a portrait in this way. The reason I like is because it focuses purely on the face and most importantly the eyes. I find it inspiring and would like to recreate this because I really like the way it captures the person in the frame. I also like the femininity that is shown through these images- the eyes/ eye lashes. Additionally, the emotion here is either scared/ worried. I like the way this emotion is conveyed so easily and people can tell.
This is another one of my favourites because of the portrayal a neutral emotion. In this photo it is the nose that is the main focus as the eyes are shut. I also like and find inspiration from how the hair obstructs parts of the face because it's almost as if she is trying to hide away.

I like this photo because it's an example of Richard Avedon's work as you can see only half of his body and something is obstructing his mouth. I like this image because I like he facial expression conveyed- an almost shocked face. I also find inspiring because its different compared to other images, he is holding something, it isn't just him in the frame making it more interesting.

I also like this image because of the dominance, powerful and a bit angry atmosphere that is created here. The sharp structure of his facial expression helps convey these powerful emotion. I find this one inspiring because the lighting helps create these feelings very well. You can see a clear transition of lighting across his face. Also, his eyes are almost piercing through making this the most

This is another image which I like because I believe it represents ________ work very well and to me is rather inspiring. The reason I find this inspiring is because the use of lighting, much like the one above shows a strong tone of masculinity, yet unlike the one above, you can see the rest of the body. I also like how the editing on this image is  done. I believe black and white here is a very good way to show dead pan, it makes it more drawing in.

This is a final image which I like because it shows Alec Soths work. I hope to able to to capture an image like this of two people because much like I have found with Soth's other work, it creates a story by using the landscape. I find this inspiration and would hope to add this into my work when it comes to taking photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment