Monday 23 November 2015

Joiners work diary Tuesday 17th November 2015

During today's lesson, we further explored our knowledge into photoshop into making joiners... In the first half of the lesson we done our own research of what joiners are and how to make them- finding examples and creating an image bank. These are shown on my blogs "Joiners Research" and "Joiners Image Bank". After this we were to go into the studio and take portrait images to connect and join up into a joiner piece. The following lesson Joiners was continued, whereas instead of doing portraits we done landscapes and objects. Below are a photo I do like and a photo I don't like from these two lessons. I found this topic quite hard as I struggled to piece all my images together- especially when I forgot to take a photo of the middle of the building!

A photo I like... 

I quite like this image because even though you can see it's not completely perfect, I like the final result as you can make out the image. Most of this image was taken from afar yet the face and feet were close up- I wanted to distort this image in a way yet not so much that it wouldn't work. The arch it's self is actually quite straight- as if I took it as a whole. Another reason I like this is because I didn't have to use any editing to change the shading- although I believe perhaps changing the tone of the entire image as a whole may be a better out come.

I photo I don't like...
I purposely done this image as weird as I could- this was my first attempt and wanted to experiment joiners on my own work. However, after doing my other joiner projects, this is my least favorite due to how bold each picture is. If this was less bold- certain parts were faded, I think it may look a bit better. 

Progression... 
One of the main problems I had with this was actually joining my images together- I spent too long trying to perfect my pieces-trying to make each part link in, which has become a problem as I didn't get that many done- the computer began to get very slow as I had lots of images I wanted to use on photoshop. If I were to do this task again, I would make sure I were to use a variety of techniques when it came to editing, for example use different shading- or different colours, perhaps black and white. I would have also like to make a really bizarre image- other than the one above of course. Example of how I would progress my joiners work further are shown below...





No comments:

Post a Comment