Saturday 14 November 2015

Depth 2 Work diary Thursday 12th November 2015

Shutter speed:1/125
F-stop: 5.6

Within the lesson on Thursday 12th November 2015, we continued to explore Depth, this gave me a chance to explore ways I wanted to progress as shown in my other depth work diary.



A photo I like.
This shows how I used my progression part of my work diary from Tuesday 10th November. Within this diary I said how I would have like to explore different subjects. This is what I done. The reason I really like this image in showing narrow depth is because you can clearly see the hand yet the face behind is sort of blurred, even though this is edited, it was still blurred before. I also really like this image because I believe it shows very well my learning over these two lessons of the F-stop and aperture, with this image I had a very low F-stop because I purposely wanted to focus on the hand instead. The shutter speed on this image was 1/125 and the F-stop was 5.6

A photo I don't like.
 I don't like this image because I'm not too sure about the depth aspect of this. Even though this image would show shallow depth of field, I didn't have time to focus on the foot so this image looks more like a wide depth of field- yet this doesn't work for this either. I should have focused on the foot or face but shown more of the surroundings to help this show better. The shutter speed is 1/125 and the F-stop was 5.6






Progression.
If I were to do this again I would vary my editing skills and also whilst taking the photos I would bear in mind how I could edit an image in advance because that way I'd be able to shape my shooting with my straight images- rather than the other way round. Photos I like and show examples of how I'd progress this task are shown below




1 comment:

  1. good analysis and a developing understanding of depth of field...

    ReplyDelete