Monday 9 November 2015

Movement Work Diary Thursday 5th November 2015

Shutter speed: 2
F-stop: 4.5
Shutter speed: 0.3
F-stop: 5.0
During today's lesson we had to capture Movement within an image. We done this by beginning the lesson learning about different ways to do this- learning techniques needed on the camera (as shown on my Simple camera words blog). After given this knowledge we were able to go out to explore and experiment different ways to capture movement. However, as we went in town, this didn't work as well as wanted- the rain ruined it for us. The majority of the images in which I ended up taking were at home or inside the college building because the rain kept ruining my photos. I also tried to take images on Saturday 7th November 2015 of fireworks as I believed this would have been a good way to see movement, however I was unable to go to any firework shows as there wasn't any near by me and my neighbors weren't seeming to let any off.

A photo I like from today's lesson...
This is an image I really like from today's lesson and is also included in my straight images for this element. The reason I like this is because half way through the image being taken, I blew out the candle. This gave it the effect of movement because the flame is different sizes across it and then disappears. Another reason why I like this is because even though this is the edited version, the movement is simple, yet is captured rather well. The shutter speed for this image is 6 and the F-stop is 32.


A photo I don't like from today's lesson...
As the only park I had access to only had this object in that moved- this isn't how I planned it to be. What I had planned was a roundabout which I was going to sit on with my camera to show movement or get someone else to sit on it so then I could take an image of them whilst me being off it. However as this was all metal it doesn't show movement. A way this could have showed movement would have been to put something on it, although due to the rain no-one was willing to sit in a pool of rain water. The shutter speed here is 0.8 and the F-stop is 25.


Progression...
If I were to re-do this task, I would try and find a park with maybe a swing or roundabout to do the above image better. I would also make sure I was a lot more confident with my camera as when taking photos in town I weren't overly confident and didn't quite know what I were doing. Examples of ways I would improve are shown below...




2 comments:

  1. a strong post but please integrate the camera settings and describe how the settings influenced your depiction of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. use photographic terminologies such as motion blur, tripod, painting with light…

    ReplyDelete