Tuesday 19 January 2016

4th plinth work diary 19th January 2016

During the lesson on Tuesday 19th January 2016 I captured images of an object within the studio and then edited them onto photos I shot at the weekend. I wanted to do an image out of the box and I thought, "If someone was to see something in the street what would be the strangest and oddest thing for them to see?" This is why I chose my object to be a dinosaur. Although when I came to editing, I wanted to make is a realistic as a dinosaur in London can be. I came across this by making sure the tone and colour of the object fitted in with the surrounding image. This meant changing the curves and saturation of the object layer.

A photo from today that I like…

I only managed to create 2 photos, This is my favourite one that I have. The reason I like this is because I feel that it looks as if it's really there. I spent much more time on this one than the other one so maybe thats why I prefer it. Alongside changing the curves around making it a bit darker and changing the saturation. I used the brush tool and painted over the darker bits- alongside burning the shadow parts.






A photo from today that I don't like...

This is the other image I create during todays lesson, although I do not like this one as much as I do with the one above, this is partly due to the fact I put a green object on a patch of green grass. Also, the colouring doesn't fit in, it stands out to much- almost as if a green screen. I also don't like how crowed this image is, the dinosaur is covering over people and it's just to cramped and too much to look at.






Progression…





















To improve on my work, I would like to experiment with more objects to place within my images. Examples of objects I could use are shown here...

No comments:

Post a Comment